Workforce Investment Act, Program
The Pueblo of Isleta WIA Program serves eligible Native Americans residing within the Bernalillo and Valencia Counties in New Mexico. The WIA Program is here to provide Workforce development & placement services for youth and adults ages 14 and up. The WIA Program also provides tuition assistance for Certificate Programs with accredited institutions.
1. Must be a Native American Indian, Alaskan or Hawaiian Indian
2. Must be unemployed or underemployed
3. Must be registered with the selective service (Males born after 1960)
4. Youth must be ages 14 and older for the Youth Program and adults must be ages 18 and
older for the Adult Program.
5. Youth must be low income and have substantial barrier to employment, such as school
dropout, homeless,foster child, runaway, offender, pregnant or parenting, and deficient
basic literacy skills.
Myra Garro, MA, ABD
Workforce Program Coordinator/Recruiter
P.O. Box 1270
Isleta, NM 87022
Mon - Fri
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
We are now located at the Isleta Tribal
Services Complex in the Human Resources Department!