Anyone who does not comply with these rules will be removed from the courtroom and could be held in contempt
Items NOT allowed in Courtroom:
- Weapons including any sharp object, knives, metal nail files, razor blades, scissors, certain types of cigarette lighters (torch lighters) and anything that can be used as a weapon. All bags, purses, backpacks, and personal items may be searched.
- Cell phones are not allowed in the courtroom. However, attorneys, spokespersons and service providers may have a cell phone. If a phone is being used for evidence the bailiff will hold the phone until it is needed.
- Electronic devices capable of recording audio/video or taking photos.
- Revealing or inappropriate clothing. Those dressed inappropriately may be asked to leave and/or required to change their clothes prior to a hearing.
- Food, drinks, or gum chewing.
- Hats/caps or sunglasses.
Conduct NOT allowed in the Courtroom:
- NO talking while court is in session unless addressing the judge or testifying as a witness.
- NO contact with inmates in the courtroom, including verbal interaction and hand gestures.
- NO drugs and/or alcohol. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of either drugs or alcohol could be tested and/or removed from the courtroom and could face contempt proceedings, including possible jail.
- Any inappropriate behavior will result in removal from the courtroom and possible contempt proceedings including jail.
- Children must be supervised so as not to disrupt proceedings. If children cannot be quiet they must wait in the lobby.